Sharing Personal Data
Sharing personal data can take place in many forms, and across different platforms and media. Some of the most well publicised data breaches occurred due, at least in part, to insufficient controls or understanding of good practice.
£69.00 plus VAT per person.
Course detail at a glance
- Duration 60 minutes
- Also available as a private session for your team. Ask for details.
- Certificated training
- Copy of the course materials to take away
- Intended for all sectors
Everyone working for your organisation has a responsibility to the protection of personal data and is expected to play their part in supporting compliance with the legislation. The course will explain the basics of sharing personal data internally and with 3rd parties such as other third sector organisations, public bodies and Data Processors. It covers the legal aspects of data sharing and answers the question, ‘What does data sharing mean?’.
The course is facilitated by Kellie Peters, co-founder of Databasix.
Delegates at the eLearning sessions are welcome to contact the trainer after the session to discuss any of the points covered.
Upon completion of the course delegates receive a PDF certificate, along with the course materials.
- Data sharing and the law
- What does data sharing mean?
- What is the difference between ‘systematic’, ‘ad hoc’ and ‘one off’ data sharing?
- What factors to consider when deciding to share personal data?
- How can you demonstrating fairness and transparency to individuals when sharing personal data about them?
- What security considerations should you take into account before sharing personal data?
- Data sharing agreements, what are they and when should they be used
- Respecting individual’s rights
- What to avoid
Who is this course intended for?
For any person who might be sharing personal data as part of their job role, including:
- Private, Public, Charity and Voluntary sectors
- Operational managers and directors
- Accounts, support and administrative staff
- Marketing and sales teams
- Client on-boarding and client relationship teams
- Remote/home workers and office based staff
Why Choose Databasix’s Courses?
What supporting materials will I receive?
Are Your Courses Easy To Understand?
We Want A Consistent GDPR Approach Across Our Organisation. Will Your Courses Support This?
What Success Have You Had In The Past?
Why Are Your Courses A Little Longer Than Some Of The Others That Are Out There?
Are Live Training Courses Better Than Pre-Recorded Courses?
So, Are eLearning Training Courses To Be Avoided?
How Relevant Is The Training Course For My Needs?
Will This Course Be Suitable For My Sector?
Client testimonials: Data privacy training that delivers!
One of the biggest challenges when choosing a training course is knowing whether it will be worthwhile. Will it teach you what you need to know and will it be worth the time and money?
Our clients certainly think so! Take a look at a selection of recent independent customer testimonials.
Course delivery options
Our Sharing Personal Data training course is available via the following delivery methods, allowing you to choose a course to suit your style of learning, availability or team:
- eLearning sessions - Online: training course that you can take at any time to suit to.
- Private session - On-site and in-person*: We come to your office or other location to deliver the training session exclusively to your team.
- Private session - Online*: A live, online training session provided only to your team.
- eLearning: A pre-recorded online training session that you can watch whenever and whenever you choose.
*Subject to minimum delegate numbers and applicable Terms. Please get in touch for details.
Available on eLearning
Course Duration: 60 mins
Course Cost (excl. VAT): £69.00
Whilst completing the course, you can stop and rewind at any time, but please note that once the course is finished you will not be able to watch it again.
There is an end-of-course assessment to test your understanding of the information provided.
Before you reach the end of the session, you should take a moment to check that you are satisfied that you have understood the information provided during the course.
At the end of the session, the delegate will be emailed with a copy of the course material and a certificate of attendance.
We welcome questions from delegates. Just send us an email with your query and we’ll respond within the next working day.