GDPR Training: Storage Limitation, Retention Schedules and Disposal
Storage Limitation is a core data protection principle and requires organisations to retain personal data for only as long as it is necessary for the purposes it is held. The concept of retention is one that typically presents an organisation with a number of challenges, in particular how to actually adhere to an agreed schedule.
£175.00 (plus VAT).
Course detail at a glance
- Duration 2 hours
- LIVE online every 8 weeks
- Also available as a private session for your team. Ask for details.
- Certificated training
- Copy of the course materials to take away
- Interactive session delivery
- Intended for all sectors
Designed for Data Controllers, Processors and sub-Processors, this session sets out how to create a retention schedule and describes the decisions that need to be made around the disposal of electronic and paper records. It provides detail on contractual aspects, polices and controls, and the links to mapping personal data. The session also takes into account the changes and impact on data storage and disposal in light of remote and hybrid working.
This 2 hours interactive course is designed to provide practical guidance on how you can manage a personal data breach, should you encounter one, using case studies to bring the subject to life.
Throughout the 2 hours training course, delegates are asked questions to ensure that the course material is understood.
Upon completion of the course delegates receive a PDF certificate, along with the course materials.
- The risks of keeping data for too short a period versus too long
- The importance of data mapping to inform your data retention policy & schedule
- Understanding your legal obligations to retain personal data
- Understanding 'what is necessary' for the organisation to keep when there is no statutory retention period.
- What should be included in a data retention policy
- How to create a retention schedule, including the importance of stakeholder engagement.
- Obligations for Data Controllers, Processors and sub-Processors, including contractual instructions.
- How to manage data destruction
- Winning hearts and minds: implementing your retention policy & schedule.
Who is this course intended for?
For any person who using or storing personal data. Roles include:
- Private, Public, Charity and Voluntary sectors
- Software Developers
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Leads
- Operations Directors
- IT Directors and Managers
- Marketing Managers and Sales Managers
- Project Managers
- Practice Managers and Partners
Why Choose Databasix’s Courses?
What supporting materials will I receive?
Are Your Courses Easy To Understand?
We Want A Consistent GDPR Approach Across Our Organisation. Will Your Courses Support This?
What Success Have You Had In The Past?
Why Are Your Courses A Little Longer Than Some Of The Others That Are Out There?
Are Live Training Courses Better Than Pre-Recorded Courses?
So, Are eLearning Training Courses To Be Avoided?
How Relevant Is The Training Course For My Needs?
Will This Course Be Suitable For My Sector?
Client testimonials: Training that delivers!
One of the biggest challenges when choosing a training course is knowing whether it will be worthwhile. Will it teach you what you need to know and will it be worth the time and money?
Our clients certainly think so! Take a look at a selection of recent independent customer testimonials.
Course delivery options
Our GDPR "Storage Limitation, Retention Schedules and Disposal" training course is available via the following delivery methods, allowing you to choose a course to suit your style of learning, availability or team:
- Public sessions - Online: Live, online training sessions with delegates from more than one organisation.
- Private session - On-site and in-person*: We come to your office or other location to deliver the training session exclusively to your team.
- Private session - Online*: A live, online training session provided only to your team.
*Subject to minimum delegate numbers and applicable Terms. Please get in touch for details.
Please click on a date to book onto that course.
|2024 dates coming soon
|Course Cost (excl. VAT)