The Role and Duties of a DPO
The responsibilities of a Data Protection Officer (DPO) are significant, bound by regulation and require the post-holder to maintain an appropriate level of expertise. Staff and others look to the DPO for information and support so that even for people who are familiar with the requirements of the GDPR, taking up the role can be daunting, so it’s essential to have a firm grounding as to what’s expected and how to stay on top of the regulations.
£412.50 (plus VAT).
Course detail at a glance
- Duration 3.5 hours
- LIVE online every 5 weeks
- Also available as a private session for your team. Ask for details.
- Certificated training
- Copy of the course materials to take away
- Interactive session delivery
- Intended for all sectors
In certain circumstances, organisations (whether they are Data Processors or Data Controllers) must appoint a Data Protection Officer ('DPO'). Where a DPO is not mandated, an organisation should identify a Data Protection Lead who will take on the responsibility for ensuring their organisation complies the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
The course is aimed at anyone to cover the role and duties of a DPO in a practical context and provides delegates with the information they need to become more effective and efficient in their role.
The session runs for 3.5 hours with short comfort break in the middle. Throughout the session, delegates are asked questions to ensure that the course material is understood.
Upon completion of the course delegates receive a PDF certificate, along with the course materials.
- The circumstances in which a DPO needs to be appointed
- The knowledge, qualifications and qualities need to fulfil DPO tasks
- The duties of a DPO
- The tasks/duties that could result in a conflict of interest
- The relationship between the DPO and senior management/board of directors
- Raising the profile of data protection with employees
- Communicating with data protection regulators
- When a data protection impact assessment is requirement
- The requirement for the DPO to be 'independent’
- Why it is important for the DPO to be approachable
- The organisation's responsibility to support the DPO by providing necessary resources
- The organisation's obligation's to involve the DPO in key decisions
Who is this course intended for?
For any person who has a lead role in data protection controls in their organisation, including:
- Private, Public, Charity and Voluntary sectors
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Leads
- People deputising for DPOs/DPLs
- Operations Directors
- Practice Manager and Partners
Why Choose Databasix’s Courses?
What supporting materials will I receive?
Are Your Courses Easy To Understand?
We Want A Consistent GDPR Approach Across Our Organisation. Will Your Courses Support This?
What Success Have You Had In The Past?
Why Are Your Courses A Little Longer Than Some Of The Others That Are Out There?
Are Live Training Courses Better Than Pre-Recorded Courses?
So, Are eLearning Training Courses To Be Avoided?
How Relevant Is The Training Course For My Needs?
Will This Course Be Suitable For My Sector?
Client testimonials: DPO Training that delivers!
One of the biggest challenges when choosing a training course is knowing whether it will be worthwhile. Will it teach you what you need to know and will it be worth the time and money?
Our clients certainly think so! Take a look at a selection of recent independent customer testimonials.
Course delivery options
Our training course explaining the role and duties of a DPO is available via the following delivery methods, allowing you to choose a course to suit your style of learning, availability or team:
- Public sessions - Online: Live, online training sessions with delegates from more than one organisation.
- Private session - On-site and in-person*: We come to your office or other location to deliver the training session exclusively to your team.
- Private session - Online*: A live, online training session provided only to your team.
*Subject to minimum delegate numbers and applicable Terms. Please get in touch for details.
Please click on a date to book onto our Data Protection Officer training course.
|2024 dates coming soon
|Course Cost (excl. VAT)