Managing Personal Data Breaches
Personal data breaches have never been more frequent or widespread than they are today. Whilst on one hand some personal data breaches reveal themselves very swiftly, on the other, many organisations don’t even realise that a breach has occurred for days or even weeks after the event. But, when a breach is identified or suspected decisive action must be taken immediately
£175.00 (plus VAT).
Course detail at a glance
- Duration 2 hours
- LIVE online every 5 weeks
- Also available as a private session for your team. Ask for details.
- Certificated training
- Copy of the course materials to take away
- Interactive session delivery
- Intended for all sectors
When the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was introduced across the EU and into UK Law (Data Protection Act 2018) a lot of media attention was given to the financial penalties organisations could face, should they be subject to a personal data breach. But whether or not a penalty is issued by the regulator, a personal data breach is more likely to have an immediate impact on an organisation's reputation, and dent the trust of its employees, customers and suppliers.
Facilitated by one of the Databasix directors, this 2 hours interactive course is designed to provide practical guidance on how you can manage a personal data breach, should you encounter one, using case studies to bring the subject to life.
Throughout the 2 hours training course, delegates are asked questions to ensure that the course material is understood.
Upon completion of the course delegates receive a PDF certificate, along with the course materials.
- The definition of a personal data breach
- The processes for incident response
- How to asses the risks to Data Subjects
- Communication messages to Data Subjects and other relevant stakeholders
- What steps to take when notifying the supervisory authority (i.e. UK's ICO)
- Record keeping requirements for personal data breaches
- Evaluating the appropriateness of the technical and organisational controls in place to prevent personal data breaches
- Data Controller and Data Processor responsibilities in the case of a breach
- Consequences for failing to notify a supervisory authority of a personal data breach
- Implication for the right to compensation
Who is this course intended for?
- Private, Public, Charity and Voluntary sectors
- Operations Directors
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Leads
- HR Managers
- IT Directors / IT Managers
- Office Managers
- Business Owners
- Practice Managers and Partners
Why Choose Databasix’s Courses?
What supporting materials will I receive?
Are Your Courses Easy To Understand?
We Want A Consistent GDPR Approach Across Our Organisation. Will Your Courses Support This?
What Success Have You Had In The Past?
Why Are Your Courses A Little Longer Than Some Of The Others That Are Out There?
Are Live Training Courses Better Than Pre-Recorded Courses?
So, Are eLearning Training Courses To Be Avoided?
How Relevant Is The Training Course For My Needs?
Will This Course Be Suitable For My Sector?
Client testimonials: Training that delivers!
One of the biggest challenges when choosing a training course is knowing whether it will be worthwhile. Will it teach you what you need to know and will it be worth the time and money?
Our clients certainly think so! Take a look at a selection of recent independent customer testimonials.
Course delivery options
Our "Managing Personal Data Breaches" training course is available via the following delivery methods, allowing you to choose a course to suit your style of learning, availability or team:
- Public sessions - Online: Live, online training sessions with delegates from more than one organisation.
- Private session - On-site and in-person*: We come to your office or other location to deliver the training session exclusively to your team.
- Private session - Online*: A live, online training session provided only to your team.
*Subject to minimum delegate numbers and applicable Terms. Please get in touch for details.
Please click on a date to book onto that course.
|Course Duration||2 hours|
|Course Cost (excl. VAT)||£175.00|