Data Protection: Marketing Teams
Essential training for Sales and Marketing professionals.
About this session
Having an effective sales and marketing process in place for your business is critical to your growth plans. Just as important is ensuring that your sales and marketing teams understand the role that they play in complying with the General Data Protection Regulation. Since the updated data protection law was introduced back in 2018 a common expression has been "GDPR says no", followed by "GDPR doesn't apply to me" yet this is far from accurate. This 90 minute course will provide practical guidance on:
- Fairness, Lawfulness and Transparency with a particular focus on Consent vs. Legitimate Interest
- How sales prospecting has changed under GDPR
- What to consider when purchasing prospect data from data brokers
- What to consider when adopting new approaches for identifying prospects, including lead generation tools
- The importance of individual rights, in particular the Right to be Informed and the Right to Object
- Approaches to legitimately processing personal data for social media and marketing campaigns, including Facebook Ads, Google Ads and profiling
- Identify different communication approaches with new, current and previous clients
- Cookie consent (essential and non-essential) and other technologies (Facebook Pixels)
- Risks to avoid when investing in new online sales and marketing systems, including international data transfers
- How long customer data, prospective client data and previous client data can be retained for
The course will use examples to bring the course material to life. We have built in time for delegates to ask questions, as well as a number of test questions to see if the material is being understood.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance following the completion of the course.
Please click on a date to book onto that course.
|Launch Date||20/05/2021 |
|Course Duration||90 mins|
|Course Cost (excl. VAT)||£85.00|
Available on demand
Course Duration: 90 mins
Course Cost (excl. VAT): £85.00
Whilst completing the course, you can stop and rewind at any time, but please note that once the course is finished you will not be able to watch it again.
There is an end-of-course assessment to test your understanding of the information provided.
Before you reach the end of the session, you should take a moment to check that you are satisfied that you have understood the information provided during the course.
At the end of the session, the delegate will be emailed with a copy of the course material and a certificate of attendance.
We welcome questions from delegates. Just send us an email with your query and we’ll respond within the next working day.