GDPR and Privacy Training for Marketing Teams
Ensuring that your sales and marketing teams understand the role that they play in complying with the GDPR is critical to the planning and implementation of growth strategy.
£125.00 (plus VAT) per person.
Course detail at a glance
- Duration 2 hours
- LIVE online every 6 weeks or eLearning online
- Also available as a private session for your team. Ask for details.
- Certificated training
- Copy of the course materials to take away
- Intended for all sectors
Since the updated data protection law was introduced back in 2018 a common expression has been "GDPR says no", followed by "GDPR doesn't apply to me" yet this is far from accurate. Indeed, a sound, working knowledge of the GDPR in the context of sales and marketing activity will actually support strategic planning and business growth.
The course is facilitated by Kellie Peters, co-founder of Databasix, and is aimed at anyone who is working in sales or marketing roles at any level, including people in-house and in external agencies.
Throughout the (LIVE) 2 hours training course, delegates are asked a few questions to ensure that the course material is understood. Delegates at the eLearning sessions are welcome to contact the trainer after the session to discuss any of the points covered.
Upon completion of the course delegates receive a PDF certificate, along with the course materials.
- Fairness, Lawfulness and Transparency with a particular focus on Consent vs. Legitimate Interest
- How sales prospecting has changed under GDPR
- What to consider when purchasing prospect data from data brokers
- What to consider when adopting new approaches for identifying prospects, including lead generation tools
- The importance of individual rights, in particular the Right to be Informed and the Right to Object
- Approaches to legitimately processing personal data for social media and marketing campaigns, including Facebook Ads, Google Ads and profiling
- Identify different communication approaches with new, current and previous clients
- Cookie consent (essential and non-essential) and other technologies (Facebook Pixels)
- Risks to avoid when investing in new online sales and marketing systems, including international data transfers
- How long customer data, prospective client data and previous client data can be retained for
Who is this course intended for?
For any person in a sales or marketing role, including:
- Private, Public, Charity and Voluntary sectors
- Directors and managers
- Direct and telesales staff
- Marketing planners
- Social media planners and content managers
- Website and app developers
- In-house marketing and sales teams
- Marketing agencies
- Sales, business development and client relationship staff
Why Choose Databasix’s Courses?
What supporting materials will I receive?
Are Your Courses Easy To Understand?
We Want A Consistent GDPR Approach Across Our Organisation. Will Your Courses Support This?
What Success Have You Had In The Past?
Why Are Your Courses A Little Longer Than Some Of The Others That Are Out There?
Are Live Training Courses Better Than Pre-Recorded Courses?
So, Are eLearning Training Courses To Be Avoided?
How Relevant Is The Training Course For My Needs?
Will This Course Be Suitable For My Sector?
Client testimonials: Training that delivers!
One of the biggest challenges when choosing a training course is knowing whether it will be worthwhile. Will it teach you what you need to know and will it be worth the time and money?
Our clients certainly think so! Take a look at a selection of recent independent customer testimonials.
Course delivery options
Our GDPR for Privacy Training for Marketing Teams course is available via the following delivery methods, allowing you to choose a course to suit your style of learning, availability or team:
- Public sessions - Online: Live, online training sessions with delegates from more than one organisation.
- Private session - On-site and in-person*: We come to your office or other location to deliver the training session exclusively to your team.
- Private session - Online*: A live, online training session provided only to your team.
- eLearning: A pre-recorded online training session that you can watch whenever and whenever you choose.
*Subject to minimum delegate numbers and applicable Terms. Please get in touch for details.
Please click on a date to book onto that training course.
|Course Duration||2 hours|
|Course Cost (excl. VAT)||£125.00|
Get Instant Access to our online training course for Marketers
Course Duration: 120 mins
Course Cost (excl. VAT): £105.00
Our online training course for marketers is available on eLearning.
Whilst completing the course, you can stop and rewind at any time, but please note that once the course is finished you will not be able to watch it again.
There is an end-of-course assessment to test your understanding of the information provided.
Before you reach the end of the session, you should take a moment to check that you are satisfied that you have understood the information provided during the course.
At the end of the session, the delegate will be emailed with a copy of the course material and a certificate of attendance.
We welcome questions from delegates. Just send us an email with your query and we’ll respond within the next working day.