GDPR for Beginners - eLearning Course
The GDPR for Beginners eLearning course is ideal for anyone who is new to the GDPR or the concepts around data protection and it’s suitable for all sectors. Also ideal for staff inductions, this course is an essential introduction that explains what personal data is, the fundamental risks and what to look out for.
Individual Price: £25.00 plus VAT per person.
Team discounts available
Course detail at a glance
- Duration 45 minutes
- Certificated training
- Copy of the course materials to take away
- Intended for all sectors
Everyone working for your organisation has a responsibility to the protection of personal data and is expected to play their part in supporting compliance with the legislation.
The GDPR eLearning course is presented by Kellie Peters, co-founder of Databasix, and is aimed at anyone who is unfamiliar with the GDPR. This is a supportive, ground-up session that provides delegates with key information to give them and their organisation confidence in understanding the essentials of data protection.
To check their understanding, delegates are asked questions at the end of each module within the course. They must achieve a 75% pass mark to move onto the next module.
Delegates utilising the eLearning course are welcome to contact the trainer after the session to discuss any of the points covered.
Upon completion of the GDPR eLearning course for beginners, delegates receive a PDF certificate, along with the course materials.
- An overview of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018
- Explanation of personal data and special/sensitive categories of personal data
- Explanation of the difference between a Data Controller and Data Processor
- Accountability, governance and controls
- Introduction to the principles of the GDPR, including relevant examples
- Overview of individual rights including relevant examples
- Recognising and reporting Data Subject Access Requests
- Explanation of a personal data breach and the process of reporting breaches
Who is this course intended for?
Our eLearning course is perfect for people who:
- have little or no knowledge around data protection or the UK GDPR and needs to learn more
- need to be able to fit in training around their existing time contraints
- use or storing personal data as part of their work. Roles typically include:
- Private, Public, Charity and Voluntary sectors
- All managers
- Accounts, support and administrative staff
- All marketing staff
- Customer service and customer facing staff
- Sales, business development and client relationship staff
- Volunteers and charity teams
- Remote/home workers and office based staff
Why Choose Databasix’s Courses?
What supporting materials will I receive?
Are Your Courses Easy To Understand?
We Want A Consistent GDPR Approach Across Our Organisation. Will Your Courses Support This?
What Success Have You Had In The Past?
Why Are Your Courses A Little Longer Than Some Of The Others That Are Out There?
Are Live Training Courses Better Than Pre-Recorded Courses?
So, Are eLearning Training Courses To Be Avoided?
How Relevant Is The Training Course For My Needs?
Will This Course Be Suitable For My Sector?
Client testimonials: GDPR Training that delivers!
One of the biggest challenges when choosing an training course is knowing whether it will be worthwhile. Will it teach you what you need to know and will it be worth the time and money?
Our clients certainly think so! Take a look at a selection of recent independent customer testimonials.
Get Instant Access to our online GDPR for Beginners eLearning course
Course Duration: 45 mins
- 1 to 50 delegates: £25.00 plus VAT
- 51 to 100* delegates: £15.00 plus VAT
- More than 100 delegates: Please contact us
*Prices apply only when booked in one tranche and with a single payment.
Whilst completing the course, you can stop and rewind at any time, but please note that once the course is finished you will not be able to watch it again.
Before you reach the end of the session, you should take a moment to check that you are satisfied that you have understood the information provided during the course.
At the end of the session, the delegate will be emailed with a copy of the course material and a certificate of attendance.