Training: Handling Subject Access Requests
The Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) is the tool that individuals can use to access their personal data. Handling DSARs can be incredibly complex and overwhelming, as they can arrive at any time from customer to past/present employees.
£175.00 (plus VAT).
Course detail at a glance
- Duration 2.0 hours
- LIVE online every 5 weeks
- Also available as a private session for your team. Ask for details.
- Certificated training
- Copy of the course materials to take away
- Interactive session delivery
- Intended for all sectors
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) an individual (Data Subject) has the Right of Access to his/her personal data that is processed by an organisation. This one of the key Rights and failure to adequately respond to a DSAR can carry significant penalties from the regulator.
This course provides essential information on dealing with DSARs, from receipt to response, using real-life examples as case studies.
Throughout the 2.0 hours training course, delegates are asked a few questions to ensure that the course material is understood.
Upon completion of the course delegates receive a PDF certificate, along with the course materials.
- Defining the 'Right of Access' under GDPR
- Discussing the importance of the 'fair, lawful and transparent' principle under GDPR
- How to determine whether a DSAR is valid or not
- How to liaise with an individual when seeking to clarify the DSAR
- How and when to verify the identification of the Data Subject
- What are the timescales for responding to a DSAR, and when is it possible to extend the response period
- How to deal with third-party information
- What exemptions can be applied and when is it appropriate to apply them
- What to consider when redacting personal data
- How to respond to the Data Subject, and what should be included
- How to deal with unfounded and excessive requests
Who is this course intended for?
For any person who might be responsible for dealing with DSARs, including
- Private, Public, Charity and Voluntary sectors
- Data Protection Leads
- Data Protection Officers
- HR Professionals/Departments
- HR Directors
- Operations Directors
- Business Owners
- Office Managers
- Legal Departments
- Practice Manager and Partners
Why Choose Databasix’s Courses?
What supporting materials will I receive?
Are Your Courses Easy To Understand?
We Want A Consistent GDPR Approach Across Our Organisation. Will Your Courses Support This?
What Success Have You Had In The Past?
Why Are Your Courses A Little Longer Than Some Of The Others That Are Out There?
Are Live Training Courses Better Than Pre-Recorded Courses?
So, Are eLearning Training Courses To Be Avoided?
How Relevant Is The Training Course For My Needs?
Will This Course Be Suitable For My Sector?
Client testimonials: DSAR Training that delivers!
One of the biggest challenges when choosing a training course is knowing whether it will be worthwhile. Will it teach you what you need to know and will it be worth the time and money?
Our clients certainly think so! Take a look at a selection of recent independent customer testimonials.
Course delivery options
Our "Handling Subject Access Requests" training course is available via the following delivery methods, allowing you to choose a course to suit your style of learning, availability or team:
- Public sessions - Online: Live, online training sessions with delegates from more than one organisation.
- Private session - On-site and in-person*: We come to your office or other location to deliver the training session exclusively to your team.
- Private session - Online*: A live, online training session provided only to your team.
*Subject to minimum delegate numbers and applicable Terms. Please get in touch for details.
Please click on a date to book onto our DSAR training course.
|2024 dates coming soon
|Course Cost (excl. VAT)