Data Protection Challenges for 2021!?
Ready for our first webinar of 2021?
In this heads-up session, we’ll be looking ahead to the next 12-months to predict some of the data protection and privacy challenges that will hit organisations.
Our very own Data Rockstar, Kellie, hosted this webinar on Friday 29th January. It includes:
- Public awareness about privacy: In particular the increase in individuals seeking compensation for misuse of their personal data.
- Increased global data protection legislation: China, India, and Australia have new/updated data protection regimes in the pipeline
- International Data Transfers: the EU is expected to finalise updated standard contract clauses in early 2021. There remains uncertainty around the impact of the Schrems II decision, what should organisations be reviewing to ensure their transfers are legitimate?
- UK Adequacy Decision: The UK-EU Trade Agreement set out a 4-month timeline for an adequacy decision to make. What preparations should organisations make to ensure their EU to UK data transfers continues?
- Protecting Against Ransomware: The number of ransomware attacks has increased during 2020 and is expected to continue to increase throughout 2021, what can organisations do to reduce the risk of such an attack?
This is highly informative viewing for data protection leaders, HR professionals, IT specialists and operations managers who would like to get a head start on their planning for 2021.