Webinar: 'Looking Back: A Reflection on our 2021 Data Protection Predictions'
At the end of January 2021, we hosted our first webinar of the new year, with a focus on the data protection challenges for the year ahead. To date, this has been viewed more than 250 times!
In our last webinar for 2021, Kellie reflects on how accurate the predictions were and give a sneak preview of what she believes the challenges for 2022 will be. A reminder of the predictions:
- Public awareness about privacy: In particular the increase in individuals seeking compensation for misuse of their personal data.
- Increased global data protection legislation: China, India, and Australia have new/updated data protection regimes in the pipeline.
- International Data Transfers: the EU is expected to finalise updated standard contract clauses in early 2021. There remains uncertainty around the impact of the Schrems II decision, what should organisations be reviewing to ensure their transfers are legitimate?
- UK Adequacy Decision: The UK-EU Trade Agreement set out a 4-month timeline for an adequacy decision to make. What preparations should organisations make to ensure their EU to UK data transfers continues?
- Protecting Against Ransomware: The number of ransomware attacks has increased during 2020 and is expected to continue to increase throughout 2021, what can organisations do to reduce the risk of such an attack?
This highly energetic and fun webinar can be viewed below, and also via our YouTube channel