Upcoming Webinar: Post Lockdown Data Protection Challenges Facing Law Firms
Date: Thursday, 2nd July 2020
Time: 11:00 - 11:45
Description: The relaxation of lockdown has commenced, but the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on law firms is far from over and the turmoil is expected to continue for months and probably, years. Regulatory risk (SRA and the ICO) on one hand is juxtaposed with tangible business opportunity on the other.
Join Kellie Peters, co-founder of Databasix UK and her co-host Neil Partridge, Operations Director at PDA Legal on Thursday, 2nd July at 11:00 to listen to them discuss the risks, and the opportunities, presented to law firms through management of data protection, including:
- It’s been 2 years since the GDPR/DPA2018, yet the majority of law firms have not adequately mapped the personal data that they process; the backbone of all dat a protection controls
- mergers, acquisitions and liquidation; transfer of client files to new practitioners
- increased subject access requests from employees concerned about redundancy
- post-lockdown operations; the risks and controls for remote working staff
- contacting old clients to drive up new business; no lawful basis to do so.
The webinar is expected to last 45 minutes, with 15 minutes allocated for questions and answers. The webinar will be recorded and made available on the Databasix UK website and YouTube channel shortly after the live event.