Webinar: Brave New (Online) World
Description: In the four weeks since the World Health Organisation classed the Corona Virus as a pandemic, Governments across the world have been implementing strict lockdown measures. For many businesses, this has meant the closure of their offices and a swift migration to working from home. The adoption of new online tools to support businesses with their remote working has been nothing short of seismic.
At Databasix UK, we want to share our five quick data protection questions for choosing an online tool:
- What personal data are they (online tools) collecting about me and my clients?
- Do they share or sell personal data about me and my clients to 3rd parties?
- Where in the world is the personal data stored (e.g. USA, Europe / UK...)?
- How long do they keep personal data about me and my clients?
- Are there differences in use of personal data between 'free' and 'paid' service?
We suggest action steps that you can take to enable you to evidence your accountability under the GDPR and UK Data Protection laws.