Why data mapping really matters
Your data is at risk…
To establish effective controls and safeguards (and to get the most out of the personal data that you process) you need a crystal clear picture or ‘map’ of the personal data that you process.
So, how does Databasix produce a unique data map?
With your help, we figure out what data you have and where it is.
This is the information that we survey when building a data map…
- What is it?
- Why have you got it?
- Where is it?
- Who has the ability to see or share it?
- How is retention and destruction determined and actioned?
Why it’s so useful…
- Privacy policies are easier to write and update
- Respond to individual rights more effectively and efficiently (inc. Data Subject Access Requests)
- Assess and manage data breaches more quickly
- Identify where higher risk data needs more protection
- Supports decision making about technology, training and systems